• No sh*t!

Posted by Stever on October 4, 2022 at 12:31 am

It seems to me, if you can’t Organic-Traffic, you will simply waste money paying for ads. Unless you know who it is you are going to help, you are just throwing sh*t on the wall, and not much will stick. Am I wrong?

Andrew replied 1 year, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Andrew

Administrator
    October 4, 2022 at 3:22 pm
    Lurn Achiever

I don’t think I would put it that way. Advertising is a great way to generate traffic. However, it is a skill. You will get better at it over time. That means when you’re just starting out, you won’t be as good at it as you would be after doing it for a month.

When you’re just starting out, your rate of return will be lower than it will be after doing it for a while. You might even lose money at first. While that should change over time as you get better at paid advertising, most of the new entrepreneurs we work with get spooked by early setbacks and quit before they give themselves enough time to be good.

If you want to run ads, my suggestion is to go through the relevant course in Lurn Academy (Facebook Ads or Youtube Ads) and then give yourself a budget of “learning money.” Basically it’s money that you are OK with losing as long as it helps you develop the skill of running paid advertising. Maybe it’s $500. Maybe it’s $1000.

If you can’t set money aside for that, that’s fine – focus on organic traffic like Facebook Groups, Youtube Channel, short videos or direct outreach.

• Stever

October 5, 2022 at 11:50 am
    Lurn Ambassador

Thanks for that Andrew, but I think you miss my point. Yes, I understand how advertising works, and it does when you know your customer. I am saying you can learn more about your customer first, with organic traffic… without wasting money on trial and error.

• Andrew

Administrator
      October 7, 2022 at 4:26 pm
      Lurn Achiever

Yes indeed. Interacting with your target customers is the best way to learn about them, which organic traffic methods let you do!

Upgrade Now

This content is available only to premium members, upgrade your membership to access it right away!