Sales Page – Lurn Forums General Business Questions How to pay employees, but don't have payroll funds available

• How to pay employees, but don't have payroll funds available

Posted by Bryan on December 6, 2022 at 4:36 am

For over 2 years, I had employees develop our software platform for mental health professionals, specifically for neurofeedback practices and any other practice that uses multiple software platforms to operate. Getting funds initially was not an issue until I lost my job as a web developer earlier this year. Since then, I have been scraping by to pay them.

It may have been easy to come up with the funds while I was working, but after I experienced vestibular migraines and vertigo almost every day, my funds dwindled to almost nothing. Now, I do work a side hustle from time to time as a DoorDash delivery driver, but it does affect my health because I have Meniere’s Disease. With these health issues, I have now begun to turn to online side hustles to make up the difference.

So, now that you know my back story, I am hoping that as you brainstorm and share your feedback with me, I can take those brainstorming ideas and hopefully monetize some of those ideas to pay my employees soon.

How do I monetize ideas quickly so that I can make payroll each month?

What do you do when you have burned almost every bridge with your finances, like filing a chapter 13 bankruptcy and destroying your credit?

And what do you do when family and friends don’t have the means or the desire to loan you money because of your compulsive spending habits?

• This discussion was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Bryan Sherman.
    Gabe replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Gabe

December 6, 2022 at 10:52 pm
    Lurn Ambassador

Thanks for sharing, Bryan. Curious… do you need these developers to continue doing the work with the service you offer on your site? If you were able to land several new customers for your service, would that help to cover payroll. If so, how many customers would you need? You may want to outline details like that so people can better help for your specific situation. It would be good to give us a list of what you’re working with. You’ve got services you offer and you’ve got skills to offer. It would be good to list out the details for both of those.

Have you tried looking for web developer work? I imagine that might be the fastest path to cash. I have experience with Fiverr and know there’s usually clients looking for help all the time – especially if you set up your profile right and run ads to your gigs (they take the cost of the ads out of your final paycheck). Of course, there may be better places to look for that sort of work. I’ve heard several stories of how people have landed jobs on LinkedIn recently. Tons of opportunity on there right now.

• Bryan

December 7, 2022 at 10:19 pm
      Lurn Expert

Hi Gabe, thank you for sharing your thoughts on what I could do. Concerning my developers, they were building our software platform for mental health practices. They are also not working for me anymore until I have enough payroll funds again.

Our website is theralogic.info, which my fellow co-founder and I have designed and developed it. It took less than a week to develop the site. The software platform that my developers built is 80% completed and is client and clinician-ready.

Since we have no users yet and we need to build up our funds, I was thinking of building a profile on Fiverr and advertising my skills there. I do need my profile and everything else needed to get clients. My copywriting skills need to be fine-tuned. I have always had other copywriters put together content for me and would post it on the website. Another problem or challenge I am facing is screen time on my laptop. It used to be harder for me to work on the computer, but now that I have glasses for migraine prevention and I constantly have nighttime settings on my laptop, it has minimized those triggers.

• Bryan

December 7, 2022 at 10:21 pm
      Lurn Expert

I would love to get your help with Fiverr and anything else you can help me with that will get me to fast cash.

• Gabe

December 9, 2022 at 2:08 am
        Lurn Ambassador

I would start by searching on Fiverr for the specific skills you have to offer and see what other people are doing. How have they broken down the services into different gigs? Pay close attention to the gigs that have the most sales on them. Create a saved list on Fiverr so you can bookmark the gigs you want to model yourself after. You can create several different lists to keep track of them.

See how the best selling gigs in your category are structuring their packages. Fiverr takes 20% from the seller… so calculate what those people are making per gig and you can see what’s possible. Take note of how frequent their sales are, if they have sales in the queue, read their reviews, etc. After some research, you should have a pretty good idea of what’s selling and what you can offer.

Your first gig posting can be annoying, but you’ll learn by doing it. Videos and pictures help your gig rise in the rankings, so always try to include those. Try to fill out all your available gig slots, too. You get a certain number of gigs you can post when you start out – I can’t remember how many.

The module in the Execution Course on Offers will be helpful in figuring out how to offer your services best. The Copywriting Academy will be great for improving the sales copy of your gig. BUT… don’t wait too long to get your gigs up… you can always tweak them later. Imitate what the successful sellers are doing and adjust later.

• Stever

December 7, 2022 at 11:48 pm
    Lurn Ambassador

Looks like your website is a portal to connect therapist with their clients and provide services, so there is no money from that until you are finished and can provide that portal to paying customers. Since this is directly related to mental health, I wonder if there is a Government Grant you could apply for to complete it?

Upgrade Now

This content is available only to premium members, upgrade your membership to access it right away!